Email: Jeffrey P. Welch | Phone: 402-492-9800 | Toll free: 800-889-9801 | Fax: 402-492-9336
Jeffrey P. Welch is business, injury, and malpractice attorney with more than 25 years of experience. Since 1993, this Omaha based lawyer has been supporting individuals and businesses the the areas of Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Workers Compensation, and General Business Law.
Jeffrey Welch’s Professional Drive
Jeff considers his role as a person’s lawyer “to be a true honor and a privilege.” He believes in working hard to assist those in need following a traumatic life-altering accident. Jeff offers his clients access to competent legal advice and the personal attention they deserve.
Jeff’s biggest motivation comes from his clients and the circumstances they are in when they meet with him. He currently represents injured victims of automobile crashes, defective products, poorly maintained premises, injured workers, and those injured and suffering from medical mistakes. Understanding there is no replacement for a lost loved one, Jeff remains compassionate with his clients while seeking compensation for them for the wrongful death of their loved one.
Jeff Welch’s approach:
Jeff will make you feel calm and comfortable from the very start, at your initial consultation. His calm, patient personality allows him to work through the most difficult, often stressful, situations. It is his respectful approach to those situations and the people involved which provides the greatest opportunity for a positive outcome. In working with so many victims of wrongful death, traumatic workplace accidents, medical malpractice incidents, and other significant personal injury matters, this Omaha malpractice attorney understands that “every day is a gift.” Thankful for the gift of each day, Jeff is always in a good mood.
Jeff Welch’s roots:
Prior to the practice of law, malpractice attorney Jeff Welch worked in construction. This past experience makes him a great fit for workers compensation and personal injury cases, as he understands the hazards of construction sites and the stress of injuries and lack of work due to same. When asked why he decided to become a lawyer, he says “My father, grandfather, brother, cousins, uncles are all lawyers. I think it’s our breed.”
Jeff’s outlook on life gives him an open mind to the world and the people in it. He looks up to “anyone who can perform her or his job with dedication, respect for others and a high ethical code.”
When he can, Jeff likes to get out of the house with his wife, Renee, and their two children. Looking to extend that every day gift for as many days as he can, he is actively involved in cross fit. He encourages them to stay active, and leads by his actions through cycling in the spring and fall, snow skiing in the winter, and somehow finding ways to scuba dive despite living in the only triply landlocked state. When he’s not away from home, he’s likely found in it with hammer in hand, working on another remodeling project.
Areas of Practice
Juris Doctor | Creighton University School of Law | May, 1993
Bachelors of Arts | University of Nebraska, Lincoln | May, 1990
Marks Clare & Richards, LLC – 2018 – Present
- Medical Malpractice, Employment Law, Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury, Business Law.
Jeffrey Welch Law LLC | 2016-2018
- Medical negligence, employment discrimination, workers’ compensation and other personal injury in state and federal court.
- Entrepreneur and small business clientele offering corporate formation/maintenance, banking, real estate, accounting and contract law.
- Perform all aspects of the pretrial and trial process, emphasizing the importance of comprehensive pretrial discovery, legal research, negotiations, depositions, trial strategy and effective courtroom presentations.
- Responsible for client acquisition, maintaining relationships, a wide range of negotiations, legal writing and other needs from simple to complex.
Independent Legal Consulting | 2014-2016
- Document review and litigation consulting services for personal injury, medical malpractice and high document volume business litigation.
- Medical record review and standard of care evaluations.
- Discovery document evaluation, assistance with deposition/trial testimony preparation and in-court trial consulting.
Bizzability Inc. | 2013-2014
- Chief Legal Counsel for Florida based company that specialized in providing Internet based retailmarketing products.
- Performed extensive legal research into patentable applications, local and national business regulation compliance, corporate accounting, as well as performed day-to-day operation/accountability of developers, programmers and other key personnel.
- Provided corporate legal guidance related to national and international licensing agreements, partnerships and joint ventures.
Johnson Welch & Ausman P.C. | 2002-2013
- Lead litigation Attorney for a Midwest-based law firm specializing in complex civil litigation and administration proceedings.
- First chair attorney on complex cases of medical negligence, employment discrimination, workers’ compensation and a wide array of other personal injury.
- Instrumental in zealously representing hundreds of complex litigation clients both in settlement and trial, including resolution of the largest nosocomial infection case in the United States.
- Managed the firm’s associates and staff members.
Cullan and Cullan | 1999-2002
- Litigation attorney responsible for file creation, case development, pretrial litigation and litigation.
- Functioned as first and second chair counsel on a wide range of state cases in Nebraska and Iowa.
- Obtained valuable experience working up and trying to bench and jury.
Empire Fire & Marine | 1998-1999
- In-house claims counsel focusing on defending large rental car agencies throughout the U.S.
- Interview and correspond with witnesses, agents, medical specialists and claimants to investigate claims and to uncover questionable damages.
- Determine reserves based on potential liability and calculate benefit payments within a specified 2 monetary limit.
- Negotiated claim settlements and referred matters for litigation when there was a failure to reach settlement or when issues remained contested.
Welch Wulff & Childers | 1996-1998
- Acquired vast courtroom experience taking hundreds of workers’ compensation claims to hearing and appeal.
- Worked closely with Client-Insurers on the defense of claims and subrogation of assets.
- Associate attorney in civil defense firm with a focus on Nebraska Workers’ Compensation and automobile negligence.
Douglas County Attorney | 1993-1996
- Investigated and prosecuted felony drug, motor vehicle homicide and arson charges.
- Worked with local law enforcement on in-court testimony and utilizing expert witness testimony during trial.
- Attended the Federal Law Enforcement training center.