From dedicated divorce lawyers to general family law attorneys
Compassionate Omaha divorce lawyers helping families through life’s transitions. At Marks Clare & Richards, LLC, we understand that when family issues require legal counsel it is usually a time of great emotion. Sometimes you need an attorney at the happy times in your life, such as when you want a prenuptial agreement prior to getting married or when you are adopting a child. Or you may need a lawyer at more challenging times such as when you are facing divorce or seeking enforcement of a court order that your ex is ignoring.
Know your legal rights
At these critical times it is important for you to know your legal rights, obligations, and entitlements. And you need an attorney well-versed in the law, with experience to guide you through the legal maze.
The lawyers at Marks Clare & Richards, LLC provide a full range of family law services, including:
- Divorce—terminating a marriage, including resolving all issues between the parties
- Child custody—determining which of the parents the child or children live with and who gets the legal authority to make decisions affecting the child’s health, education, and welfare
- Parenting time—also known as visitation, this refers to the schedule of time that the non-custodial parent gets to spend with the child or children
- Parenting plan—required by Nebraska for any couple who has minor children and is seeking a divorce, legal separation, or child custody. A parenting plan addresses legal custody, primary residential custody, parenting time schedules, parental involvement in children’s health, education, and welfare, and communication regarding the child between the parents.
- Child support—the money paid by the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent on a weekly or other periodic basis
- Spousal support—also known as alimony, this is money paid by the supporting spouse to the supported spouse for a limited time and/or purpose, or permanently based on various factors
- Property valuation—our attorneys have the experience and qualifications to handle complex real estate appraisals, business valuations, family medical practice valuations, dental practice valuations, IRA assessments, and other investment valuations. If you are a supporting spouse, you worked hard to acquire your wealth and divorce should not force you to unfairly surrender or deplete it. If you are a supported spouse, your contributions to the marriage may entitle you to a significant share of the marital assets so it is important that they be valued accurately.
- Modifications—your circumstances may change over time and if they do we can help you modify existing child custody, child support, parenting time, and other decree orders
- Enforcement orders—if your ex is not complying with a court order, we can help ensure compliance
- Mediation—as board certified family law mediators, we recognize the need to minimize the stress, anxiety, and uncertainty of a divorce proceeding. We are able to facilitate family mediations to produce more amicable family relationships in the future. We can show you how to have a divorce without war.
- Collaborative divorce—we offer an advanced interdisciplinary team approach as an alternative to the court system. Both parties and their attorneys pledge in writing to work toward a reasonable resolution without the intervention of the court process.
- Other family law matters—including name changes, adoptions, prenuptial agreements, etc.
To discuss your divorce or other family law matter with an experienced and compassionate Marks Clare & Richards, LLC attorney, call 402-492-9800 or contact us online.
Marks Clare & Richards, LLC | 11605 Miracle Hills Dr. Suite 300 Omaha, NE 68154 | 402.492.9800